Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Autumn Equinox

It has been awhile since I have written in this blog.  This entry is a bit different from the previous ones in that I discuss spirituality in the context of the community where I live.

For me a part of being healthy involves nurturing my connection to the land where I live, the people in my community and to a sense of spirituality.  We in Santa Cruz, where I live, are having an Autumn Equinox ritual celebration with the following intention...

As we transition with the Autumn Equinox we celebrate and honor the abundance we share:  of the land, of friendship and of spirit.
    
We have the desire to make magic together and explore ways we can deepen our affinities with each other, the land, and spirit...and for us carry that out into the world!  That last piece is very important to me, where I want to have an active engagement with the world, and the deep affinities I nurture can be fuel for that work.

 Wood, Stone, Feather, and Bone
(adapted from a song by Joules Graves)

-this is a song we will sing in the ritual
and has been changed by friends to be Santa Cruz related-


wood, stone, feather, and bone
roaring of the ocean guide us home
wood, stone, feather, and bone
roaring of the ocean guide us home

coyot and raven
coyot and raven
in my soul, in my soul
in my soul, in my soul

river, sea, redwood tree
howling of the wind gonna set us free
river, sea, redwood tree
howling of the wind gonna set us free

owl and salmon
owl and salmon
in my soul, in my soul
in my soul, in my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment